On 01/06/2011 09:28 PM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Could be libtool issue or lib-link.m4 one (or gcj one).  Can you send
   ./libtool --tag=GCJ --config
output?

I assume you mean from libjava in the build tree?  Attached.

(Note this is now x86_64-portbld-freebsd8.2, newer than the original
report, but the same failure.)

Does passing '-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/foo' to gcj work for a small example
program for you?

I played around, and modifying the failing command line (that is,
with all those -B, -L,... options) I still got the same failure.

Note, if I remove -Wl,-rpath from that invocation, the failure is
still the same, so that seems to come from gcj itself?

It looks as though the -rpath arg isn't being passed correctly.  I
just can't figure out why this should be different on bsd.

I think this just needs to be debugged.  It should be pretty obvious
what's happening.

Andrew.