On 03/28/2011 02:27 PM, Michael Matz wrote:
   <mem_ref 0x7ffff7ff9118
      type<record_type 0x7ffff5b295e8 GENOME_LOC_TYPE_2 packed type_0 BLK
          size<integer_cst 0x7ffff5b256b8 constant 48>
          unit size<integer_cst 0x7ffff5b25708 constant 6>
          align 8 symtab 0 alias set -1 canonical type 0x7ffff5b29540

which looks ok to me.

It already isn't, why is the alignment 8 if __alignof__
(GENOME_LOC_TYPE_2) is 1?

The aligns are printed in bits.  It really is okay, as is the MEM.

Uff, I'm always confused by align being printed after the unit size.

As some digging shows, already GCC 1.35 had effectively the same code.
As soon as parameters are passed in registers GCC loads the parts fitting
into registers as full words.  We could simply sorry() for these cases, as
they never worked correctly.  Though I suppose that's quite unforgiving,
as most of the time (struct in question not passing page border) it works
fine.

We should warn, I think.

Paolo