Hello!

> Compare the log file of the test runs from my lto bootstrap:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2012-11/msg00832.html

Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
configure flags: ... --with-arch=native --with-tune=native

> to that of a "normal" x86_64 bootstrap:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2012-11/msg00790.html

Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
configure flags: ... --with-arch=core2 --with-cpu=core2

> What log files, if any, would be helpful to hunt this down ?

You have AVX capable machine, and --with-arch=native enables 256 bit
vectorization behind your back.

The vectorizer testcases are not prepared for an internal rerun of
vectorization and - since each internal report merges it own dump to
the report -- scan-tree-dump-times fail.

So, testsuite issue.

Uros.