Hi,

looks like XOP/FAM4/FAM is responsible for the additional errors I
see when running gcc-testsuite or glibc-testsuite. I've opened Bug
56866 as a starting point, so the subject is a little bit misleading:

Bug 56866 - gcc 4.7.x/gcc-4.8.x with '-O3 -march=bdver2' misscompiles
glibc-2.17/crypt/sha512.c

Disabling XOP/FAM4/FAM shows no regression (compared with amdfam10) with
glibc-testsuite and no additional execution-errors in the gcc-testsuite.

Currently I'm running gcc-4.8-branch configured ith '--with-arch=bdver2'
and with a simple patch disabling XOP/FAM4/FAM for bdver2 in
gcc/config/i386/i386.c.

regards

        winfried