> Have any back ends been converted since the default was changed, that
> did not already have LRA support?  I looked at this in the context of
> nios2 a few months ago (when we were still in stage 1) but didn't see an
> example patch set for any other back end, or a good description of what
> I needed to do.

The SPARC port fits the description, all the LRA related patches went in
starting from December 1st (although the important issues had already been
identified and a fair amount of work already been done earlier by Davem).

SPARC is a very regular architecture with few, simple addressing modes so the
conversion was relatively straightforward.  The only irregular feature is the
pairing of (even, odd) integer registers in 32-bit mode and it was the source
of the annoying issues.  I'm going to add a few words on the Wiki about that.

--
Eric Botcazou