On 08/15/2017 07:27 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 15 August 2017 at 04:10, Martin Sebor wrote:
On 08/14/2017 04:22 PM, Eric Gallager wrote:

I'm emailing this manually to the list because Bugzilla is down and I
can't file a bug on Bugzilla about Bugzilla being down. The error
message looks like this:

Even if it were possible, there wouldn't be any point in filing a bug
that bugzilla's down, and so not much point emailing gcc-bugs either
(since that's for bugzilla mail).  Using gcc@ seems like the right
list to me.

N.B. since the server is being restored from a backup all of
yesterday's changes to bugzilla have been lost, including all Richi's
7.2 release changes, and Eric's housekeeping.

I don't suggest redoing all that work until all services are fully
restored, in case it's lost again.

It looks like the data loss extends beyond 8/14.  Bug 81840
was created Sunday afternoon but is not in the database:

  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-08/msg01303.html

(Strangely, 81841 is there, as is 81839.)

Is there a plan to restore the lost data somehow or should
we try to do that ourselves for the bugs we know about?

Martin