Hello,

I am having problems understanding the build instructions for GCC. I
can almost always produce toolchains which function but I can find
programs or scripts which do more or less the same thing that produce
nonfunctional toolchains or which abort at some stage of compilation.
(To clarify: I have no problem compiling the project, but I need help
knowing all options which must be configured.)

This is related to my questions about generating an arm-none-eabi
toolchain, however I also wish to build targets for
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu,
powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu, etc.

Broadly, I have the following questions:

1) What is the complete list of dependencies for a GCC based
toolchain? I am led to believe it is: zlib, gmp, mpfr, mpc, isl,
expat, binutils, gcc, glibc, and gdb.

2) How do I specify each of the above to be reliant on the versions of
other programs that it may depend on being used for the toolchain?

Ideally these toolchains would not use system libraries if CHOST is
the same as BHOST.

3) Are there any architecture specific options for any of the possible targets?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Respectfully,
     R0b0t1