On 11 October 2017 at 07:34, Paulo Matos wrote:
> When someone adds a new test to the testsuite, isn't it supposed to not
> FAIL?

Yes, but sometimes it FAILs because the test is using a new feature
that only works on some targets, and the new test was missing the
right directives to make it UNSUPPORTED on other targets.

> If is does FAIL, shouldn't this be considered a regression?

No, it's not a regression, because it's not something that used to
work and now fails.

Maybe it should still be flagged as red, but it's not strictly a
regression. I would call it a "new failure" rather than regression.