On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 5:11 PM, Milan Ton <milan....@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Nathan, Richard:
>
> sorry if it wasn't clear: my target was a 32-bit embedded system for that I
> built two cross compilers to be run on two hosts -- linux32 and mingw32, my
> build system was Fedora x86_64 (with gcc -m32 and i686-w64-mingw32-gcc
> respectively). So Nathan's scheme was what I would have depicted:
>> host:linux -> some (embedded) system
>> host:mingw32 -> same (embedded) system

Ok, with the additional fact that you are building canandian crosses
with build == linux-x86_64 in one case, I can't really say how to
categorize the build != host 2nd case of using i686-w64-mingw32-gcc
on x86_64-linux ;)

A first step of the investigation would be to compare the configure results
of both compiles (well, the tests relevant for target support).

Richard.