>>>>> "Bernd" == Bernd Edlinger <bernd.edlin...@hotmail.de> writes:

Bernd> I'm currently trying to add -Wshadow=local to the gcc build rules.
Bernd> I started with -Wshadow, but gave up that idea immediately.

Bernd> As you could expect the current code base has plenty of shadowed
Bernd> local variables.  Most are trivial to resolve, some are less trivial.
Bernd> I am not finished yet, but it is clear that it will be a rather big
Bernd> patch.

Bernd> I would like to ask you if you agree that would be a desirable step,
Bernd> in improving code quality in the gcc tree.

We did this in gdb and it was worthwhile.  According to my notes, it
found 3 real bugs (though one was by chance).  You can see what else we
tried here: https://tromey.com/blog/?p=1035

Tom