I am curious if anyone has tried running 'peak' SPEC 2017 numbers using
profiling.  Now that the cactus lto bug has been fixed I can run all
the SPEC intrate and fprate benchmarks with '-Ofast -flto -march=native'
on my aarch64 box and get accurate results but when I try to use these
options along with -fprofile-generate/-fprofile-use I get two
verification errors: 502.gcc_r and 505.mcf_r. The gcc benchmark is
generating different assembly language for some of its tests and mcf is
generating different numbers that look too large to just be due to
unsafe math optimizations.

Has anyone else seen these failures?

Steve Ellcey
sell...@marvell.com