Hi Maciej,

On 10/16/19 11:11 AM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
Hi Luis,

Is there a better way to force the compiler to output such a line table
transition without having to resort to a dummy jump? Is there a safer
way to add such transitions without worrying about the optimizer getting
rid of them later on? Should we even worry about preserving such
information for higher optimization levels?

  Isn't it exactly what statement frontier notes have been invented for
(and implemented) by Alexandre (cc-ed)?  Or am I confused and/or missing
something here?

   Maciej

I'm fresh to this topic. I recall he was working on improving debug information for optimized binaries, which isn't the case for this example. But it sounds promising nonetheless.

I'll do some reading.

Thanks,
Luis