On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:31:22PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2019, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > Please post the full names of all the tags you want to delete?
>
> Here is a list of 645 tags proposed for removal, in the various
> categories I gave.  Vendor tags are only included where they also fall
> into one of the other categories (e.g. tags that appear to be purely
> for merge tracking and so would not idiomatically exist in git at
> all).

[ snip ]

Thanks for the list.  As far as I can see all of those are no longer
useful, so they could be jut deleted from the SVN repo (if everyone
else agrees!)  It is much safer to delete tags after the conversion to
git, because that way it is much easier to get things back if something
is lost after all, in general.

Segher