On 2019-12-04 7:52 a.m., Richard Biener wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:51 PM Erick Ochoa
> <erick.oc...@theobroma-systems.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use the function: `cgraph_node::get_untransformed_body` during
>> the wpa stage of a SIMPLE_IPA_PASS transformation. While the execute function
>
> I think SIMPLE_IPA_PASSes have no "WPA" stage but run at LTRANS time
> (WPA transform stage).  So you might simply see that not all bodies are
> available in your LTRANS unit?

This makes a lot of sense, and it is indeed documented in the GCC internals
manual:

  A small inter-procedural pass (SIMPLE_IPA_PASS) is a pass that does
  everything at once and thus it can not be executed during WPA in WHOPR
  mode. It defines only the Execute stage and during this stage it
  accesses and modifies the function bodies. Such passes are useful for
  optimization at LGEN or LTRANS time and are used, for example, to
  implement early optimization before writing object files.

I got confused because the dump_file for my pass includes the substring 'wpa'.
Should I file a bug to change the name of the dumpfile to something more like
`ltrans*`?

Thanks for your help!