On Tue, 2020-02-25 at 19:58 +0000, Modi Mo wrote:
> > On 2/12/20 8:53 PM, David Malcolm wrote:
> > The patch will need an update to the docs; search for
> > "Tools/packages necessary for building GCC" in
> > gcc/doc/install.texi, which currently has some paragraphs labelled:
> >    @item ISO C++98 compiler
> > that will need changing.
>
> Added this change in the attached patch.

Thanks Modi.

Before looking at the updated patch in detail, we ought to also address
the legal prerequisites for contributing.

Does your employer have legal paperwork in place with the FSF for such
contributions?  See:
  https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#legal

I'm not sure what the threshold is for a contribution to be regarded as
"significant", but it seems that we ought to be fastidious here, given
historical attitudes between Microsoft and the FLOSS community.

(I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone other than myself here, as a GCC
maintainer, and I don't mean for this to come across as personal)

Thanks
Dave