Hi -

> > since the change to the new list management, there has been
> > an uptick of spam getting through. Spam is bounced by my ISP,
> > and this just resulted in a warning that there were too many
> > bounces and that I would get removed from the list unless I
> > confirmed it (which I then did).
> This has now happened a second time, and this question

For my reference, could you forward one of these spams & bounces to me?

> > So, a request: Could the overseers either install more effective
> > spam protection for the list as a whole (preferred)

Heh, if only it were that easy!  Spam filtering was and is distinct
from mailing list processing, and as you know it's a constant arms
race.  We're working hard to make the new installation of spamassassin
as discriminating as possible.  We're also working on the workflow to
clean the web archives of spam that got through.

> > or relax the limit on bounces?

OK, there are a couple of settings over at:
https://gcc.gnu.org/mailman/admin/gcc/bounce
that law and we can think about, but I'd like
to see the messages in question to figure out what happened.

- FChE