GCC manual (https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Function-Basics.html)
states that a result tree for a FUNCTION_DECL can be obtained by using a
DECL_RESULT macro. This does not seem to be the case when processing
user-defined attributes via a plugin - when GCC calls my callback for
handling the attribute, DECL_RESULT always returns a NULL. I have verified,
that on PRE_GENERICIZE phase the DECL_RESULT is set up properly.

This is not a big deal, as I can obtain the relevant result using a
TREE_TYPE, yet I've spent quite some time looking for bugs in my code and
now wonder - is it by design or by some technical reasons that the relevant
field in tree is not initialized, or should I file a bug (in either GCC or
its documentation)?

Cheers,
Bartosz Szreder