On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 09:02:58AM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> Hmm.  IIRC it required special-handling in the individual libs - Jakub
> may remeber (IIRC
> he implemented short-cutting libsanitizer builds)

Just fuzzy memories, but I think the libsanitizer case was that it the build
of that is extremely slow due to the huge sources.

> For libstdc++ there's also a bugreport I opened at some point - we're
> using the target
> runtime for the host when not cross-compiling but it would be better
> to build the host
> libraries only - target libs need not be bootstrapped and host ones
> are not multilib.

Perhaps not for stage1, but don't we want multilibs for stage2 so that
we compare not just the primary multilib, but also objects of the other
multilib as a way to e.g. catch -m32 only related issues?

        Jakub