Hello, Giuliano,

On May 25, 2020, Giuliano Belinassi via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> gcc a.c b.o -o a.out
> gcc a.c b.c
> gcc a.S

> and so on. So if you do some radical change to the GCC driver, making
> sure everything is correct get somewhat painful because you have to do
> a clean bootstrap and find out what is going wrong.

I'm about to install a patch that introduces significant changes to the
GCC driver and a large number of tests that covers some of the above.

Its main focus was to check that aux outputs got named as per the
changes introduced in the patch, but I added some baseline tests that
would cover some of the above.

Feel free to extend gcc/testsuite/gcc.misc-tests/outputs.exp to cover
other such baseline cases you may think of.

--
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter    he/him    https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
Free Software Evangelist              Stallman was right, but he's left :(