On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 11:35 PM Richard Biener
<richard.guent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 10:01 PM Jim Wilson <j...@sifive.com> wrote:
> > We have a lot of examples in gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/riscv/rvv that
> > we are using for testing the vector support.
>
> That doesn't seem to exist (but maybe it's just not on trunk yet).

The vector extension is still in draft form, and they are still making
major compatibility breaks.  There was yet another one about 3-4 weeks
ago.  I don't want to upstream anything until we have an officially
accepted V extension, at which point they will stop allowing
compatibility breaks.  If we upstream now, we would need some protocol
for how to handle unsupported experimental patches in mainline, and I
don't think that we have one.

So for now, the vector support is on a branch in the RISC-V
International github repo.
https://github.com/riscv/riscv-gnu-toolchain/tree/rvv-intrinsic
The gcc testcases specifically are here
https://github.com/riscv/riscv-gcc/tree/riscv-gcc-10.1-rvv-dev/gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/riscv/rvv
A lot of the testcases use macros so we can test every variation of an
instruction, and there is a large number of variations for most
instructions, so most of these testcases aren't very readable.  They
are just to verify that we can generate the instructions we expect.
Only the algorithm ones are readable, like saxpy, memcpy, strcpy.

Jim