Hi

<strstream> being deprecated for nearly 20 years of C++ standards has
always been a bit baffling to me. I'm used to thingis being deprecated and
then removed a bit faster than that.

It is still deprecated in C++17 but does not appear in C++2x as of
draft N4860. GCC 10 still behaves the same and you get a deprecated warning
when you use --std=c++2x.

Am I reading the draft N4860 correctly and it is finally being removed?

The warning is generic for using it and it seems as though more direct
guidance could be given if it has been removed.

/home/joel/rtems-work/tools/6/lib/gcc/i386-rtems6/10.2.1/include/c++/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2:
warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated
header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please
use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a
listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file
backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]

I'm far from complaining about it being removed. I just want to make sure I
am interpreting the draft C++ standard correctly and see if there is a
desired to slightly improve GCC's warning to give more specific advice.

Thanks.

--joel
RTEMS