On 7/21/21 2:28 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi

We are in the process of porting RTEMS to the Microblaze and gcc does
not have __ELF__ as a predefine. In looking around at where to add it,
it looks like there are multiple ways to do it. We see variations on
the following patterns:

+ dbxelf.h
+ OS specific header in config/
+ Arch/OS specific header

Integrating dbxelf.h into the microblaze seems risky for one simple
builtin_define(). Adding it to config/microblaze/rtems.h won't address
the microblaze-elf target.

A suggestion on where to add the builtin_predefine is appreciated.

There are very few defines for __ELF__ in the GCC target files.

Why don't you put this in rtems.h?

Alternately, you might put it in microblaze-s.c, wrapped with
#ifdef OBJECT_FORMAT_ELF/#endif.

--
Michael Eager