On 2022-10-23 12:07, Siddhesh Poyarekar via Overseers wrote:
sourceware, I assume that means he'd like to use sourceware as a mirror or something similar) but gdb folks have been silent so far.  Given how gdb and binutils are coupled, the gdb conversation really needs to happen at some point.  From private conversations with folks from the gdb community, it seems to me that they're primarily avoiding getting into this public spat.

... and I've been corrected offline that a gdb GNU maintainer (Joel Brobecker) has indeed signed on to support the LF IT proposal and there have been no objections so far that I'm aware of, either publicly or privately.

Sid