David Pitt wrote on  09 January 2017 15:57

> alan buckley, on 9 Jan, wrote:

> > I’ve just seen something in the ROOL forums implying that the SharedULib
> > needs updating for the Raspberry Pi 3. Is this correct? I thought that
> > programs needed recompiling, but the SharedULib module was OK.

> Hmm!! I thought that about the SharedULib module too, but others would seem
> to be saying otherwise.

> > What is the current status of GCCSDK for the Raspberry Pi 3?

> I have a locally built !GCC from June 2006 that is RPi3 compatible, it being
> built after the SWP fix was checked in. The build also generated an updated
>!SharedLibs which is definitely required and a SharedUlib which might not
> be.

> > Is it worth creating a new RISC OS version of !GCC so it can be used by
> > Raspberry Pi 3 users? Or is there more to do?

> I have not used !GCC extensively but as far as I am aware the build that I
> have is good on the RPi3.

I’m really trying to determine if I (or someone) should produce a new
version of !GCC for the riscos info website or if it needs something
else.

> The problem on the RPi3 is more extensive than just !GCC, !PDF is another
> casualty. Again I have a local RPi3 good build.

Did you use the GCCSDK autobuilder to build !PDF? If so did you have to
make any changes to the build scripts?

If any of the riscos-info stuff is failing on the RPi3 and will build OK
from the autobuilder, I can build a new version and upload it. Just
let me know what the packages are, and please test them after
they are uploaded as I don’t have a RPi3.
Unless there are quick fixes to the build I won’t have time to sort them
out though.

> All of this was discussed at the time on the ROOL forum.

I’ve seen the ROOL forum discussions, I’m trying to get input from
The GCCSDK developers as they will have a better idea of the
current state of play.

Thanks,
Alan