[Reposted as it didn't make it to the list last time]

On 09/01/17 13:10, alan buckley wrote:
I’ve just seen something in the ROOL forums implying that the SharedULib
needs updating for the Raspberry Pi 3. Is this correct? I thought that
programs needed recompiling, but the SharedULib module was OK.

There seems to be some confusion about what SharedULib is. There are 2
separate entities; the module, SharedUnixLibrary and the library
libunixlib which exists as an ELF shared library and as a static
archive.
The problem with SWP on the RPi3 existed in the ELF shared library and
in the static archive and has been fixed. There was no problem in the
module.
This means that programs linked to the static archive will have to be
re-linked to the fixed version. Any programs that are dynamically
linked to the ELF shared library should work correctly once libunixlib
in !SharedLibs is replaced with a fixed version.

What is the current status of GCCSDK for the Raspberry Pi 3?

Providing you are using a recent version then GCC and any code generated
by it should work on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Is it worth creating a new RISC OS version of !GCC so it can be used by
Raspberry Pi 3 users? Or is there more to do?

The version packaged on riscos.info does not include the fixes, so
could do with being updated.

Lee.