On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 09:48:38PM +0000, Cameron Cawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’ve noticed that the ccres subversion repository has recently been
> migrated to GitHub. Would the same thing be possible for DeskLib? I’d be
> interested in contributing some changes, and it would be easier if I could
> work with branches and pull requests rather than loose patches.

I've had a quick attempt:
https://github.com/riscos-dot-info/DeskLib

This is marked as experimental for now - please give it a spin and see if
there's any issues.  If there are, I may have to delete it and re-convert.
(if this happens you can likely replay any commits against the re-upload)

In particular, the svn->git userid translation is missing a number of email
addresses (plus myself, John Tytgat and Alan Buckley which I have details
for):

rosery = rosery <rosery>
no-author = no-author <no-author>
alex = alex <alex>
lee = lee <lee>
nick = nick <nick>
admin = admin <admin>
cpalmer = cpalmer <cpalmer>
jjvdgeer = jjvdgeer <jjvdgeer>
cgrasden = cgrasden <cgrasden>
jmb = jmb <jmb>
peter = peter <peter>
cpmartin = cpmartin <cpmartin>
phlamethrower = phlamethrower <phlamethrower>
stevef = stevef <stevef>
adam = adam <adam>

If anyone on that list wants to provide an email address they are happy to
live in the git history, please let me know.

I'm not sure if anyone is looking after Desklib these days (Steve F
committed something almost 2 years ago) so if you or anyone else wants
direct commit rights to the github repo, do let me know your github username.

Theo