Greetings, and thanks for your note!

Blake McBride <bl...@mcbride.name> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:33 PM, Camm Maguire <c...@maguirefamily.org> wrote:
>
>  Greetings, and thanks for your report!
>
>  2.6.9 is way out of date. 2.6.12 is the last official release, and
>  2.6.13pre/list_order in git is the current release candidate.
>
> When I do a "git branch -a" I see no tags for
>
> 2.6.12
> 2.6.13pre/list_order
>
> I do see remote tags:
>
> Version_2_6_12pre
> Version_2_6_13pre
>
> Should there be a tags:
>
> Version_2_6_12
> Version_2_6_13pre/list_order

I must confess to substantial ignorance concerning git 'best
practices'.  list_order was a 'toplevel' branch off of
Version_2_6_13pre, but has since been merged in to the latter.  This is
the 2.6.13 release candidate, being tested in debian/unstable packages
and builds.

Just committed a few changes to master which should restore the build
with latest default gcc settings.  The compiler is in many ways much
better, but is way too slow for prime time.  The inlining algorithm
needs to be rethought, as there are cases where multiple iterative
provisional processing of the same code grows exponentially.

Take care,