Brian,

      What is the command that you tried?  If you can construct the proper
proj4 format, it should work for ogr.  Exactly matching the string in PostGIS
may not work and you may get a new number like 32,000 for a new SRID that was
added in PostGIS.  This slightly older thread suggests one method to overcome
this,
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/specifiying-the-correct-SRID-when-sending-polygons-to-PostGIS-td2026555.html
 although I have not tried that myself.

     If you have the WKT or other format, you can get the PostGIS insert string
or proj4 format through spatialreference.org, http://spatialreference.org/

HTH, Eli

<b850b3523e82404c80a8acac40bafdf587524...@ex2010.houstonengineeringinc.com>,