Dear Even,
I have similar question of Sean Gillies and more detailed like Dillabough,
Basically, I am scaling Bigtiff-Geotiff float 32 with gdal (
gdal_translate -scale 0 1 0 10000 input.tif output_sc.tif) My input pixel
values are mainly between 0 1 (only 1 or 2 of pixel are >1 to 35), So, I
command 0 1 0 10,000. Output got to be between 0 266600.6875. According to
your answer for Sean Gillies, it should be 0 350,000. I wonder why it
scaled images as such? How to skip those strange and rare pixels by command

Thank you for any information.

Sent from the GDAL - Dev mailing list archive at
gdal-dev mailing list