On lundi 31 juillet 2017 10:37:41 CEST aborruso wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using GDAL 2.3.0dev to convert a CSV to GeoRSS, but I'm not able to set
> properly pubDate field.
>
> My test input CSV is (tab separated):
>
> title description     guid    link    pubDate
> titolo        des     http://www.tin.it/1     http://www.tin.it/1     Wed, 11
> Jul 2007
15:39:21
> GMT
>
> I run:
>
> ogr2ogr  -f GeoRSS  georss.xml source.csv source
>
> And I have "ERROR 1: Wrong field type for pubDate" error and this XML
> output:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <rss version="2.0" xmlns:georss="http://www.georss.org/georss";>
>   <channel>
>     <title>title</title>
>     <description>channel_description</description>
>     <link>channel_link</link>
>     <item>
>       <title>titolo</title>
>       <description>des</description>
>       <guid>http://www.tin.it/1</guid>
>       <link>http://www.tin.it/1</link>
>     </item>
>   </channel>
> </rss>
>
> It's almost perfect, but without pubDate. How to set it in my source CSV?

The issue is that the GeoRSS driver expects the pubDate field to be of OGR type
DateTime
but the formatting "Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:39:21 GMT" is not recognized by OGR. So
if instead
you put "2007/07/11 15:39:21" as the pubDate value in your CSV and add " -oo
AUTODETECT_TYPE=YES" this will work. The GeoRSS writer will format the date as
"Wed, 11
Jul 2007 15:39:21 GMT" in the output file.

ogr2ogr  -f GeoRSS  georss.xml source.csv -oo AUTODETECT_TYPE=YES

Even

http://www.spatialys.com