Ben,

Thanks for leading this.
Apparently autopep8 can fix most of issues, except line too longs ?
Do you plan to fix even that ? That could be quite painful now, and in the
future, as in the testing code, you compare things like WKT strings that can
be long, and that would be a burden to make sure we split them to 80 columns.

I guess your plans do not cover the SWIG generated .py files, right ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com