Am 08.07.22 um 02:38 schrieb Nik Sands:
==========
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Warning:
   Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

     EXPAT_INCLUDE_DIR
     EXPAT_LIBRARY

-- Build files have been written to: ...

Why would it be ignoring these arguments and how can I get it to use my own
libexpat instead of the default SDK libexpat?

Such arguments are used by "Find-module Packages". However, the Modern CMake approach for is "Config-file Packages". For expat, GDAL prefers config (expat-config.cmake, expatConfig.cmake) providing targets named expat::expat or EXPAT::EXPAT.

To use your own expat, make sure it has a config file which it is found via the search procedure, or use `EXPAT_ROOT`.

You can read more in the CMake documentation for command `find_package`, in cmake-packages or in "Using Dependencies Guide".

Kai