Moises,

I've not reviewed in depth the MITAB driver, but reading from a .tab file may require random access, and it is thus not surprising that reading from a compressed file may exhibit poor performance. You might try to set the VSI_CACHE config option / env variable to YES, but no guarantee this will help for your use case.

Even

Le 27/07/2022 à 11:39, Moises Calzado via gdal-dev a écrit :
Hi everyone!

We're using ogr2ogr to convert MapInfo TAB files into CSV format using the following command:

    ogr2ogr -f CSV -skipfailures -makevalid /vsistdout/
    /vsizip/onLDU.zip  -oo AUTODETECT_TYPE=YES -lco CREATE_CSVT=YES >
    test_2.csv

The file weights ≈200 MB and the process is taking too much time to finish (almost 20 min), so we don't know if we're doing something wrong regarding the command that we launch.
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.55.14.png
However, if we launch the same command against the .tab file instead of using the vsizip virtual file system, it takes less than 30 seconds to complete.

Have you ever seen something like this? Do you know if it's expected that it takes too much time to process this kind of files, or we're doing something wrong?

Thanks so much for your help in advance,
Regards!
--
*Moises Calzado*

Support Engineer