Hi all,

I'm still tinkering on my automatic-download-satellite-data-and-create-images-from-my-area scripts and I was wondering if anybody could help me out or point me to some math.

I'm currently using percentiles in a little Python script to compress the contrast of my images. The result is pretty OK but it breaks if large areas of the image are very bright, like clouds or snow.

The Sentinelhub EO Browser offers a function HighlightCompressVisualizer (see https://docs.sentinel-hub.com/api/latest/evalscript/functions/#highlightcompressvisualizer) which does that "a little" better.

Is there anything comparable in gdal, python or any related library?
That level of math is a little bit above me. High school was long ago...

T:Stefan

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263