Hi Even,

I'm not much of a C++ programmer, but wouldn't it be possible for all
OGRFeatures to carry WKB data by default and add a method to provide it to
callers? And only construct an OGRGeometry when it's asked for? Such as
when GetGeometryRef is called?

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 4:27 AM Even Rouault <even.roua...@spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find for review "RFC 92 text: WKB Only geometries" at
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/7149
>
> This RFC provides shortcuts to avoid instantiation of full OGRGeometry
> instances
> in scenarios where only the WKB representation of geometries is needed. The
> hope is to save CPU time.
>
> This is something I wanted to at least experiment. I've mixed feelings
> if it's something we actually want to adopt.
>
> Even
>
> --
> http://www.spatialys.com

Sean Gillies