Hi,

For GDAL 3.6.0 to 3.7.2, use of multi-threaded GTiff compression+decompression, in particular within the same file, as for example in a "gdalwarp -co COMPRESS=... -co NUM_THREADS=..." workflow can lead to deadlocks (process stalled forever) and/or data corruption (sometimes without errors at generation). Cf https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/8470 for a reproducer. The fix is in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/8561

The issue is particularly visible on Windows, or more generally any operating system (or file system where the output file is located) which has no VSIVirtualHandle::PRead() implementation, but it can also be occasionally reproduced on Linux (at least as a deadlock).

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com