Le 10/01/2024 à 18:52, Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] a écrit :

Thanks Even, we’ll try that.

Are there any known integer values that ESRI and EPSG conflate?  If not, it would be convenient to simply pass in an integer to a single API function and be done with it.

I believe not. Codes in the [1,32767] range should lead to equivalent definitions under both authorities. But when they are really the same, to save space and confusion to users, they are not imported under the ESRI authority and are only available under the EPSG ones. So codes in the [1,32767] under the ESRI authorities are basically for CRS names that are slightly different spelled by ESRI (but otherwise with a definition compatible of the EPSG one). There are also very ancient deprecated CRS that were imported from EPSG, but were deprecated by EPSG so long ago that they are not in the EPSG database anymore (like https://spatialreference.org/ref/esri/31491/).

But there's no only EPSG and ESRI in life :-) The IAU authority for example uses numeric code in the ranges of what could be used by EPSG or ESRI.

So it is really the tuple (authority_name,code) that conveys a primary key.

Jesse

*From: *Even Rouault <even.roua...@spatialys.com>
*Date: *Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 12:48 PM
*To: *"Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC]" <jesse.r.me...@nasa.gov>, "gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org" <gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org> *Subject: *[EXTERNAL] Re: [gdal-dev] Lack of srs importFromESRI integer function

*CAUTION:*This email originated from outside of NASA.  Please take care when clicking links or opening attachments. Use the "Report Message" button to report suspicious messages to the NASA SOC.

Jesse,

You can use SetFromUserInput("ESRI:XXXX")  . ImportFromEPSG(code) more or less does SetFromUserInput("EPSG:{code}")

Even