Hi,

I've prepared a RC2 to fix a regression in ogr2ogr workflows from Shapefile (or other datasources with layer metadata items) to PostGIS.

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal-3.9.0rc2.tar.xz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal-3.9.0rc2.tar.gz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal390rc2.zip

https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdalautotest-3.9.0rc2.tar.gz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdalautotest-3.9.0rc2.zip

Even

Le 06/05/2024 à 15:43, Even Rouault via gdal-dev a écrit :
Hi,

I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.9.0 release candidate.

NEWS at:

  https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.9.0RC1/NEWS.md

Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal-3.9.0rc1.tar.xz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal-3.9.0rc1.tar.gz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal390rc1.zip

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :

https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdalautotest-3.9.0rc1.tar.gz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdalautotest-3.9.0rc1.zip

A snapshot of the documentation is at:

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.9.0/gdal390doc.zip

I'll call for a vote promoting it later this week if no serious problems are
reported before.

There are no major changes, impacting packaging or integration, since beta2, but
functional bugfixes and enhancements:
* /vsigs/: fix RmdirRecursive() on an empty directory
* /vsigs/ UnlinkBatch(): make sure that path config options are checked for the
  deleted files and not '/vsigs/batch/
* /vsiaz/ UnlinkBatch(): make sure that path config options are checked for the
  deleted files
* Various fixes in MiramonVector driver
* Warper: add a NODATA_VALUES_PCT_THRESHOLD option
* gdal2tiles: add --nodata-values-pct-threshold option
* support HDF5EOS metadata where the GROUP=GridStructure has an empty sub
  GROUP=Dimension
* HDF5: implement GetOffset() and GetScale() for netCDF metadata items add_offset
  and scale_factor
* TileDB: multidim: prevent infinite recursion when opening an array in a group
  where there are 2 or more 2D+ arrays
* TileDB: multidim: OpenMDArray(): fix opening an array, member of a group,
  which has no explicit name
* Fix scripts/gdal-bash-completion.sh

Best regards,

Even