Even,

That appears to have “just work”!

<sounds of bowing>

Jesse

From: Even Rouault <even.roua...@spatialys.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2024 at 1:15 PM
To: Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC]
<jesse.r.me...@nasa.gov>, Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND
APPLICATIONS INC] via gdal-dev <gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gdal-dev] SQL / gdal_get_pixel_value tips requested
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of NASA.  Please take care when
clicking links or opening attachments.  Use the "Report Message" button to
report suspicious messages to the NASA SOC.

Jesse,

the answer lies in exploring available Spatialite SQL functions:
https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-sql-5.1.0.html

ST_Centroid() returns a Point geometry. You may get its coordinates with ST_X()
and ST_Y(). I suppose you'd need to use a sub-select construct to get things
working, like

SELECT gdal_get_pixel_value(path, band_num, 'georef', ST_X(centroid),
ST_Y(centroid)) FROM (SELECT ST_Centroid(geometry) AS centroid FROM ds) x

untested obviously!
Le 08/05/2024 à 19:09, Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND