Le 28/03/2011 22:37, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> [...]
>> Well its not really dependency aware, in the non-real-time version it
>> does it by reparseing *all* files in the workspace when any one of
>> them is saved, so there can be no inconsistency.
>> It is the fact that its doing all of them on real-time update that is
>> the performance problem, so we want to real-time parse only the file
>> we are editing.
>
> True. Moreover -- as far as I can understand the TagManager code (so,
> only more or less :D) -- the parent updates will not be done in-memory,
> so it's definitely a problem we should solve.

This is at least not totally true if I trust strace (no IO during these
updates, in facts I had already checked this when I initially wrote the
in-memory stuff). At least without geanyprj.

>> Not being certain what inconsistencies there might be, I'd suggest
>> trying it, only parse the one file real-time and all the others at
>> save time, ie apply Yura's patch (below) and see.
>
> Agreed. However the patch would *always* disable updating parent, what
> we probably don't want (though, not really sure what it'd change). So I
> have modified it and committed it to SVN (r5642).
>
> Hope this fixes the issue, feedback welcome.
> And guys, thanks a lot for tracking this down!

Unfortunately, this change broke calltips (see today's Nick's mail and
my answer). I then reverted this, and we have to find a better fix. I'll
try to track this further, though I can't promise anything in the next
days, nor I know GeanyPRJ, so if anybody beat me in time, it'd be great :D

Regards,
Colomban