Try with selenium version 3.0.0-beta3. Also check if you're having the
latest gecko driver too. The capability marionette is not present in 2.53.

And just a FYI from the geckodriver readme:
https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/blob/master/README.md
Marionette and geckodriver are not yet feature complete. This means it does
not yet offer full conformance with the WebDriver standard
<https://w3c.github.io/webdriver/webdriver-spec.html> or complete
compatibility with Selenium <http://www.seleniumhq.org/>.