Camille Thompson wrote:

My female grandis has developed an eye infection. I took her to the vet yesterday and now have a topical and oral antibiotic for her. I've set her up in a sick tank (a 10gal) in my bathroom (ambient temp ~76-77 F) with a 40 W light and the new UV light I picked up at the vets to replace the old one (the male will just have to live with the old one awhile longer). Basking spot is at least 89 F, probably a little higher (she keeps moving the probe!)

That is a tiny bit warm, however, you want to keep sick gex a degree or two warmer than usual max temp. As long as she can go lower in the terrarium on a nice fat stick and be cooler if she wants that is fine.

Question is, should I put her on the same light cycle that she was used to, or extend her daylight hours to allow more basking (have definitely observed that she has been basking more in the past few days)

Same light cycle. No need to mess with her cycling while she is sick.

.

Should I do the hot water heater jar trick for at night, to give her the option of extra heat at night?

It surely would not hurt. Good luck!

Julie B.