>>>>> "Vladimir" == Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvor...@suse.cz> writes:

Vladimir> Dne pondělí 06 Srpen 2012 22:28:29 John Stoffel napsal(a):
John> I've pulled down the latest v1.1 from GIT and tried to configure
John> and compile on a Debian Squeeze (v5.0) system, but each time I
John> get an error when compiling, it's looking for 'assert' but I
John> haven't had a chance to dig into this in any detail.  I'm doing
John> the full

John> exif-common.o: In function `exif_init_cache':
John> /home/john/src/geegie/gitorious/src/exif-common.c:642: undefined

>> Well, now that I've spent two minutes on this, it now compiles if
>> I change that to g_assert() instead of assert() in that file.
>> Haven't a chance to actually run it though.
>>
>> I did also try installing libexif-dev, libexif-gtk-dev and another
>> library which wasn't installed yet, but that didn't make a
>> difference.
>>
>> I'm wondering why other's aren't seeing this problem?  I'm current as
>> of commit 5fd7dc2e202ea131aa0d9d399a17066c3be56393

Vladimir> Here is my log from debian 5.0. It compiles fine.

Vladimir>
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rawlog?arch=x86_64&package=geeqie&project=home%3Anadvornik%3Ageeqie%3Atesting&repository=Debian_5.0

Vladimir> You can compare the details if you want, but I also think that
changing it to
Vladimir> g_assert is the easiest fix.

If it's a missing dependency in the build, then fixing the autogen.sh
and configure steps might be a good thing too.  Though I don't know
how divergent the various distros are from each other in terms of
packaging libraries.

I'll see about pulling out your install list and comparing it with
mine to see what libsyou have installed that I don't have.

But if just changing to g_assert is the answer... then we should
probably go there.

John