Nicolas Robidoux writes:

 > For example, nohalo1 (same result as snohalo1 with smoothing = 0, but
 > runs faster) would be "sharper", snohalo1 with smoothing = 1 would be
 > "smoother", and snohalo1 with smoothing = .5 would be "halfandhalf,"
 > or something kind of like that?

If there were only four named presets, I supposed they could be

sharpest, sharp, smooth, smoothest

corresponding to smoothness = 0, 1/3, 2/3 and 1.

with the added bonus that smoothness = 1/3 kind of corresponds to the
Mitchell-Netravali choice of smoothing/interpolation balance.

Øyvind:

Does the above seem like a good choice, or did I change your mind with
my "smoothness slider" idea (or do you like neither)?

Nicolas Robidoux
Laurentian University