*Dimana ada negara bersistem ekonomi syariah yang mensejahyerahkan
penduduknya?*

https://en.antaranews.com/news/121196/indonesia-should-catch-up-in-sharia-economy-development
Indonesia should catch up in sharia economy development

Reporter: Antara 1 hour ago

Governor of Bank Indonesia (BI) Perry Warjiyo . (ANTARA News/Citro Atmoko)

Surabaya, E Java (ANTARA News) - As a country with a Muslim-majority
population, Indonesia needs to catch up with other countries in sharia
economic development.

At the opening of a discussion themed "Indonesia Sharia Economic Festival"
here, Tuesday, Bank Indonesia`s Governor Perry Warjiyo acknowledged that
Indonesia is currently lagging behind in terms of several steps to
strengthen the acceleration of sharia economic and financial developments.

"We do not need to compare with Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, or
Saudi Arabia. We are even lagging behind Australia," Warjiyo noted.

Warjiyo highlighted backwardness in the field of halal industrial
production. He believes Indonesia should become an exporter of commodities
of the halal industry without relying on other countries.

Indonesia is also not superior to countries, with a non-Muslim majority
population, such as Australia and Thailand, that are able to export halal
industry commodities to predominantly Muslim countries, he pointed out.

"I am thinking, do we have to import halal spices from Thailand?" he
questioned.

Hence, Indonesia should catch up by continuing to develop production of the
halal industry. The production capacity of halal industries can be
increased, one of which is through economic empowerment of Islamic boarding
schools, or locally called pesantren.

Pesantren already have independent economic roots. At present, Indonesia
can focus on developing various economic business units in Islamic boarding
schools that have the potential to foster cooperation across pesantren, he
noted.

This development is driven by business efficiency through the initiative to
provide a virtual market for pesantrens` business products and business
cooperation.

"We also need to establish Islamic boarding schools holdings and formulate
standardization on financial report for Islamic boarding schools called
SANTRI or Indonesian Islamic Boarding School Accounting Standards. It can
be used by every pesantren business unit," Warjiyo noted.

Santri also refers to Muslims studying at pesantren.

The program to develop the independence of pesantren is expected to
encourage them to serve as the main drivers in the halal value chain
ecosystem.

Reporting by Indra Arief Pribadi, Libertina WA

Editor: Fardah Assegaf

Kirim email ke