No, cache warmup will not use functional accesses.  An important part of cache
warmup is to put the protocol state machines in the correct state and, as you
know, functional accesses can't do that.  That being said,  TraceRecord might
be able to use the RubyPort rather than the Sequencer.  What is the benefit of
doing so?

Brad