We need to decide on whether the code for multi-threading the simulation
is always compiled or is it optional. I am right now leaning towards it
being optional. All the code required for multi-threading should be
protected by a #ifdef macro. This is so that the performance impact on
single threaded simulations is kept to the minimal.

--
Nilay