> In practice, I don't know that there's any built-in support for
application
> profiling in gem5 (am I forgetting something?).  It wouldn't be too hard
> add a periodic event that recorded the PC values of all the cores, which
> would give you a first-level sampling of where time is being spent (though
> without the call stack info that gprof gives you).
>
> Has anyone else done anything like this?

I don't remember exactly what was in there, but I certainly did this, and
Ali's PhD thesis did this (been that long?) :)

There is code in the tree for grabbing the stack for the guest process.
 One could also do something using the remote debugger stuff, though I'm
not sure anyone ever used that in SE mode.

  Nate