Hi all,

I am in favour of revisiting this on a regular basis. Our previous
discussion started with SPARC being the #1 candidate for removal (due to
level of functionality and lack of testing as well as maintainers), but
eventually we landed on ALPHA being a more likely candidate (due to
absence of an up-to-date tool chain and modern kernels etc).

What I would propose to make some progress is to update
http://gem5.org/Supported_Architectures with a simple table, for each ISA:

Maintainers (none, or a list of names)

Level of functionality/ISA support (low, med, high)
OS support (Linux, BSD, etc)
Test coverage (low, med, high)
Tool chain availability (yes, no)
Kernel availability (yes, no)

Others? Are these the right ones?

Then for each ISA it is fairly obvious which ones are candidates for
removal, based on our priorities.

Brandon, would you be happy to take a first stab at such a table?

Andreas

medium. Thank you.