Hi Gabe,

I think you've interpreted everything correctly. I think the only context
you're missing is that we're planning to change the regressions such that
there is no dependence on proprietary binaries. This will allow all
users/developers to run the regressions before committing code. We haven't
made any progress in this direction, yet. We've just talked about it.

I think the biggest implication of this is that we'd drop the SPARC full
system tests completely. This also means we'd drop the EIO tests (which I
think we already have).

Slightly off topic:
One of my biggest gripes with the current regressions is that it is
incredibly hard for a user or a developer who commits code every once in a
while to run and understand the regression output. It's a good step for you
to be able to find the fishy stats changes and pin them to a commit, but I
really wish it was easier for our users to do that themselves.

Cheers,
Jason